Why my antivirus is not updating?
A virus attack in your computer or phone can be a nightmare. That’s why it is very important to keep viruses at bay by using a good antivirus in your computer system or mobile device. Antivirus software without the latest virus updates is somewhat useless because it is not capable to detect the latest viruses. That’s why it is extremely important that you keep installing antivirus updates regularly. However, various issues while updating antivirus software are often reported. Some examples of these issues are unable to update antivirus window 7, antivirus not updating on android etc.
If you are not able to update antivirus and wondering why my antivirus is not updating then this post is just for you. Here, we will provide you with the correct methods to update different antivirus software with ease.
What the possible reasons why my antivirus is not updating?
There are multiple reasons that can hamper the process of updating an antivirus. However, some of the most probable reasons are as follows:
- The most common reason why many users cannot update antivirus software is the software conflict of antivirus with the windows defender. In order to fix this problem, you should disable windows defender while updating antivirus.
- It is possible that you are facing such a problem because you are unable to download antivirus updates. You should check your internet connection in such a situation.
- It is also probable that your system is already infected by a deadly virus. Many viruses are designed to block antivirus from updating.
- If your license key gets expired then you can’t update antivirus software. In such a situation you need to renew the license key.
How to fix unable to update Antivirus issues?
Actually, the steps to fix such problem depend upon the antivirus software you are using. But at the same time, there are some general steps that you can try as given below:
- Make sure the date of your system is correct. Incorrect dates of a computer are often the reason behind Antivirus update issues.
- Check your Internet connection. Make sure it is fast and smooth.
- Make sure that there is actually an update available for the antivirus software you are using.
- Remove the third-party firewall or another antivirus software installed in your device (If any)
- Make sure your computer is not infected by a virus.
- Uninstall antivirus software and install it once again if the problem continues.
How do I update my Antivirus software?
Many times, users keep complaining that my antivirus is not updating but actually they don’t know how to do it. Let’s have a look at the step to update some popular antivirus software.
How to update antivirus Kaspersky?
If you are a Kaspersky antivirus user then you can update your antivirus software by the following steps.
- Ensure that your computer system is connected to the internet connection.
- Go to the taskbar notification area and right-click the Kaspersky antivirus icon. In case the icon is hidden then you need to click the “Show Hidden icons” arrow.
- Choose “Run Database Update” from the menu that will appear.
The antivirus updates will download and install automatically.
How to update Symantec antivirus?
Given below are the steps that Symantec antivirus users can follow in order to update the Symantec or Norton antivirus.
- Launch Norton antivirus in your computer.
- Open “Options” tab available at the top of the window.
- Choose the option to enable the live updates and click on the “Apply” button.
The automatic antivirus update will get installed by itself.
Update Avast Antivirus
Here are the steps to update Avast Antivirus easily.
- Firstly, you need to run Avast antivirus on your computer.
- Then, click on the “Settings” option.
- After that, you need to locate and click the “Update” option.
- Click on the “Avast” icon.
- Now, select the update you are looking to install and click on “program”.
- Wait unless the update gets downloaded and installed.
- Then, you just need to restart your computer to save the changes (if prompted).
It is not rare to find users complaining that my antivirus is not updating after making some changes to the windows computer. In such cases, system restore can help you a lot.