The general review of Norton Security Package is quite positive. Yet, there are many users who uninstall the Norton security package after the expiration of trial period due to various reasons such as high prices of subscription packages, getting a better deal with other antivirus software etc.
Uninstalling Norton security package from window computer is fairly easy, but you need to take some precautions while doing it, otherwise, you can face certain errors. In case you are also unable to uninstall Norton security package from window computer, then keep reading this article. As here we have discussed simple steps to get rid of “Unable to Uninstall Norton security package from window computer” error.
How to Uninstall Norton Security Package from Window computer?
Sometimes it can be very tricky to uninstall Norton security package from window computer, as Norton security package is designed in such a way that any virus or malware can’t uninstall it easily.
If you are unable to uninstall Norton security from window computer you can try any of the following methods given below:
1) Uninstall Norton Security Package from window computer using control panel
- Click on “Control Panel” from the start menu.
- Select “programs” followed by “Program and features”.
- Find “Norton security package” from the list of the program.
- Click on “Norton security package”, and then “Uninstall” or “remove”.
- Click “Yes”, if the User Account Control window appears.
- Keep following the instructions that will appear on the screen and Norton security package will be uninstalled.
- Finally, restart you window computer, so that changes can take place.
2) Uninstall Norton security package from window computer using Norton Removal tool.
Although uninstalling Norton security package using control panel is easier but it is more susceptible to errors. If you are unable to uninstall Norton security from window computer using control panel, then you can uninstall it by downloading Norton Removal tool.
- First of all, Download the “Norton remove and reinstall” tool from Norton’s website.
- Now install the downloaded tool on your computer.
- Run the Norton remove and reinstall tool on your windows computer.
- Follow the instructions from the tool and click “Finish”. It will uninstall all Norton software from your computer.
3) Uninstall Norton security package from window computer using run command in windows.
This is another simple method you may try if you are unable to uninstall Norton security package from your computer.
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Type in “appwiz.cpl” and press “Enter”.
- Now click on the Norton programme you want to be uninstalled, and then click “uninstall” or “remove”.
- Click “continue” if the user account control window appears on the screen.
- Follow the instruction that will appear on the screen.
- Finally, restart your window computer so that changes you made can take effect.
Things to remember
- While removing Norton security package using control panel, look for any programme from Symantec and remove it too. Norton is a product of Symantec. If you are unable to uninstall Norton security package from window computer then removing all products Symantec can help.
- Please keep in mind that uninstalling the Norton security package will increase the risk of your window computer being attacked by malware, virus or other security threats.
More Info at- http://www.antivirushelpnumber.com/norton-antivirus.html