Kaspersky antivirus is used by millions of people for protection against all kind of computer threats be it virus, malware, Trojan, spyware etc. The antivirus software is regarded as one of the best in the antivirus industry due to its effectiveness to curb all kind of malicious threats lurking everywhere over the internet which can harm your PC and data in it.
No matter which version of windows you’re using, the problem with the Kaspersky antivirus can arise any time. While on a normal day, the antivirus works great, but there are times when users complain that the Kaspersky they’ve installed in their computer system stops responding. On analyzing different scenarios why the situation arises in the first place, we figured out the reasons why Kaspersky antivirus does not work sometimes and freeze the PC. Through this post, we’ll discuss the solution of this problem in a simplified manner.
What are the reasons behind Kaspersky not working problem?
Given below are some of the reasons why you’re facing problems with Kaspersky antivirus-
- There might be some other security software installed in your computer that might be creating security conflicts rendering the Kaspersky antivirus function improperly.
- Some heavy program might be running in the background.
- Limited spaces in PC can also interrupt the functioning of the Kaspersky antivirus.
- An outdated version of Kaspersky antivirus also creates problem sometimes.
- There might be malicious virus/Trojan attack on your computer that is preventing the Kaspersky antivirus to work normally and weed it out.
- There might be problem with the hard drive.
- The installer file might have got corrupted due to virus attack.
How to fix Kaspersky stopped working error/issue
The solution of “Kaspersky not working” is not that tough as it look and can be solved easily by following certain steps to ensure your computer is working fine or not. If you are getting this error, then you need not fret as we’ll tell you the different ways through which you can resolve the issue all by yourself.
Here’s what you can do to fix the issue for good. Follow the steps given below and you’ll be good to go-
- Uninstall the previous security application from your computer.
- Now go to the control panel and click on the “uninstall a program” under the programs tab.
- Choose “uninstall” option to get the repair button. When prompted, click on the “repair” option.
- Now let the installer run the repair actions needed to fix the issue.
Restart your computer once these setting are done and saved and run the Kaspersky antivirus to check whether the problem is fixed or not.
Note: if the solution given above doesn’t help then you may try the following approaches-
- Disable the firewall setting and check if the problem arises again or not.
- Install the important windows updates necessary to make the Kaspersky antivirus work.
- Download the important drivers suggested by windows.
- If the problem still persists, then uninstall the antivirus and reinstall it again.
To know more contact kaspersky Support Team