It is highly recommended that the users should keep Avira antivirus installed on their computer to get complete security against numerous viruses and malware. But sometimes, users have to uninstall it due to different reasons such as getting a better deal with another antivirus, PC getting slow down, re-installing etc.
The procedure to remove Avira antirust is different for all the versions of windows. In case you have Avira Antivirus installed in latest Windows 10 and you want to remove it then all you need to do is to follow the steps mentioned in this article.
Removing Avira Antivirus in Windows 10
There are two methods by which you can remove Avira Antivirus from your windows 10 computer. One is a conventional method in which Avira Product is removed automatically through windows. In the second method, the users have to uninstall it manually by clearing registry. We will explain both in this article.
Removing Avira Antivirus in Windows 10 (Conventional method)
Follow the steps given below:
- First of all, click the windows icon from the lower left corner of the desktop screen and click “Settings”.
- Now, open “Apps & Features” from the system menu.
- Select the Avira Product you want to remove and then click “Uninstall”.
- Click “Uninstall” again, when pop up for confirmation appears.
- Click “yes” to confirm the request for “User Account Control”.
- Now, you have to confirm the request of Avira setup by clicking “yes” once again.
- Wait until the Avira setup uninstalls the product completely.
- Finally, restart your computer after the notification of removal of Avira product appears.
Removing Avira Antivirus in Windows 10 manually
It is recommended that this method should be performed only if the conventional method of uninstallation doesn’t work out.
Follow the step given below to uninstall Avira Antivirus in Windows 10 manually
- The first thing you need to do is to download the Avira Registry “cleaner”.
- Start your PC in a safe mode.
- After starting the PC in safe mode, open the Windows Explorer by pressing window + E keys and manually delete the Avira Directories under the program and application files:
Path for Program files
Desktop\This PC\Local Disc (C:)\Program Files (x86)
Path for Application files
Desktop\This PC\Local Disc (C:)\ProgramData
- Now you have to clean the windows registry using the downloaded Avira Registry cleaner by following the steps given below.
- Open the downloaded Avira Registry cleaner setup (avira_registry_cleaner_en.exe)
- Accept the terms and conditions of the license.
- Choose all Avira products
- Click on “Remove” button
- Finally, Reset the Windows LSP (Winsock) by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Open command prompt (Admin) in your PC.
- Type the command “netsh winsock reset” as it is and press Enter.
- Restart Your Computer.