Norton won’t install properly in Windows 10/PC/Computer: Norton is definitely one of the few names that come to our mind when we hear the word “antivirus”. Norton is immensely famous and used in almost every country around the globe. Due to this huge and rapidly increasing customer base, the issues and errors in Norton antivirus are also getting diverse. One of the most common problems that the Norton users have to deals on a regular is its installation problem. It is lately observed that the Norton won’t install properly after starting the download manager.
If you spend a lot of time on the internet and Norton won’t install properly in your PC then it is not a good sign because you are at a constant risk of online security threats. You should read this post till the end because here we will describe the different possible reasons why you are not able to install Norton and how you can install it seamlessly.
Why Norton Won’t Install Properly in your PC?
To fix the Norton Installation issue it is very necessary that you understand the reason why you are not being able to download or install it. Here we have compiled some of the most generic reasons why Norton might not be installing properly in your PC.
- Your Computer system might not be meeting the minimum system requirements of Norton Antivirus
- The version of Norton Antivirus you are trying to install might not be compatible with your computer system.
- The software conflict between the Norton and the other antivirus already installed in your PC can also cause Norton installation issues.
- A potential virus or malware infection in your PC can also block the Norton installation.
- Your Norton license key might be expired.
- Missing Windows updates can also cause a problem in Norton installation.
How to fix Norton Install Problem?
Here are the steps that the users should follow in order resolve Norton won’t install properly issue.
- First of all, make sure that your PC fulfills all the system requirements of Norton Antivirus. The system requirement for Norton Antivirus are as follows:
- Operation system: MS XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- Minimum RAM: At least 256 MB
- Minimum Hard Drive Space: 300 MB
- CD-ROM or DVD Drive if not installing from the internet.
- If you think that the setup file for Norton is corrupted then you should download Norton again from the official Norton website.
- In case the problem continues then you should delete the windows temporary files by following the step given below:
- Press Windows + R button.
- Type “%TEMP” in the Run text box and press enter.
- Select all the files and press delete.
- Give confirmation by clicking on “Yes”.
- If the issue still continues then you should download the installer directly from Norton’s website.
- Remove any other software that you think might be causing the software conflict with Norton.
- You can try to install Norton in safe mode.
You should be able to install and use Norton perfectly after following the above-mentioned steps. However, if you are still facing problems then you should contact Norton Support for further assistance.