Norton Antivirus is one of the best-known brands in antivirus protection – and for good reason. It is consistently ranked as the best consumer-security software in terms of overall virus protection and performance, as measured by detection rates and speed. It is loaded with interesting features such as full antivirus protection, Firewall protection, Identity and financial protection, Parental controls, Email and spam blocking, Password manager, PC optimization tools and much more. Since security is our prime concern, so keeping an antivirus becomes a necessity. In this Article, we’re going to address the update issue that many users face while using Norton Antivirus.
Issue 1: Antivirus says “it’s up to date but the info States issues found”
To understand the solution of the above-mentioned issue, let’s go through with it step by step –
- Reboot/ Restart your computer.
- Open the official Norton website in any browser (Safari, Chrome, and Firefox).
- Select “Sign In” button and then log in to your Norton account.
- Click on “Manage your devices” option.
- Select “Fix now” button on devices page.
- Restart the computer.
In case the problem still persists, then there are two options available to you – Either contact Technical support or Wait for the new release of the Antivirus. Contacting on technical support helpdesk number will save you time and money, so try that option first. You may also choose any 3rd party service provider to resolve the issue but for that, you’ll have to pay out from your pocket.
Issue 2: Fix problems with Norton when it displays “You Are at Risk” in the product window.
You should remember that the display of the above message may not be due to any threats. Your Norton Protection can display this message when-
- Various security features like Auto-Protect, Firewall, or SONAR are turned off.
- Virus definitions are not up-to-date.
- Incomplete Routine Scan.
- Expired Subscription. In this case, most of the security features will also be disabled.
Solution: When you encounter this alert on the product, click on “Fix Now” button and restart/Reboot your computer.
Issue 3: Definition Updates are not current even after you download and install all available updates in Norton
The steps we’ll be providing are meant for the current version of the Antivirus, in case you are using an older version of it then visits the Norton Antivirus Customer Support page for the solution.
- Check the Date & Time of your Computer. In case the date & time are incorrect then correct it.
- Update the virus definitions using Intelligent Updater (Download and install it).
- Download & Run Norton Power Eraser.
- The Norton Power Eraser will perform a rootkit scan for which you need to restart the computer.
- Follow the Instructions and your Virus definitions will be set to the current state of the computer.