If you are a regular internet user then you must be familiar with the nuisance of random pop up messages. Most of them are targeted ads which many website uses as per their marketing campaign. Some pop-ups can also involve malware and spyware which can be devastating for a computer system. But not all pop-ups are harmful, some websites use them to provide important information as well. In general, we can conclude that you must a use pop-up blocker which is capable enough to block and unblock popup messages as per your requirement.
Thankfully, Norton is there to help you get rid of all the unwanted pop-ups. In this tutorial, we will provide you with the step by step method to set up a pop-up blocker in the different browser by using Norton Antivirus.
How to setup Pop-up blocker in Internet Explorer using Norton Antivirus?
You can use Norton antivirus to block pop-up in internet explorer just by following the steps given below:
- First of all, run Internet Explorer.
- Click on settings icon from the top right corner of the window and choose internet options
- Click on “Settings” button to configure the blocker settings.
- Now, select the required settings from the blocking level drop-down menu under Pop-up blocker settings.
- Finally, click on “close” followed by “apply” and “ok”.
How to setup Pop-up blocker in Mozilla Firefox using Norton?
Follow the steps given below to block pop-up in Firefox browser using Norton antivirus.
- Run Mozilla Firefox and click three horizontal bar icon from the top right corner.
- Click on “options” button.
- Now in the options window, select the “Block pop-up windows” under the Content Tab.
How to set up pop-up blocker in Google Chrome using Norton?
It’s very easy to pop-up in Google chrome using Norton antivirus, just follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, open google chrome.
- Click on “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon from the top right corner and click on “settings”.
- Now, in the settings window, click on “Show Advanced Settings”.
- Click on “Content settings” under the privacy tab.
- In this window, you need to scroll down to pop-ups and choose “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)”.
- Finally, click on “Done” to save changes.
Steps to set up pop-up blocker in safari on Mac using Norton
- Firstly, run safari on your Mac device.
- Then, on the menu bar, click on “Safari” and choose “preferences”.
- Now, check the “security” tab right next to web content and make sure that “Block pop-up windows” is checked.
In Case if you face any kind of problem to make changes in the Norton Antivirus, Then You can Call to the Norton Antivirus Technical Support Helpline Number Where our technician will guide you for the best possible solution online.