Motivation Setup is a kind of virus or adware you can say that creates pop-ups, push-up notifications and ads while the user surfs on the internet. Its annoying nature is not just limited to this. Apart from showing pop-ups and advertisements, it can also corrupt web browsers and in the worst case may also steal your sensitive data from browser history. Once it gets installed in your system, it forces the system to work in an absurd manner such as frequent browser crashing, unexpected system shutdown, etc. As soon as you start noticing any such symptoms in your PC, you need to apply the remedial measures. This article presents to you the details of the Motivation Setup adware along with the steps for Motivation Setup virus removal from computer.
Motivation Setup- Know the virus in detail
What Motivation Setup virus actually is?
Adware like Motivation Setup are created to spy on your browsing record in order to steal your data. They appear just from nowhere and start showing you useless pop-ups continuously on your browser. The ultimate goal of the creator of such adware is to make money one way or another. When they show pop-ups and you accidently open them, they redirect you to new web page and make money by pay-per-click (or PPC as you may know). Sometimes, they can automatically redirect you to another page, even if you do not click on these advertisements.
How are the Motivation Setup installed?
The commonest way through which the Motivation Setup virus enters the computer is through software bundling. Whenever you download any software, especially a freeware from any unknown website, the Motivation Setup malware installs itself automatically. Simple browsing through an infected website can also be an invitation to such kind of viruses in the system.
How does the Motivation Setup virus work?
The pop-ups and the advertisements they show you most of the time may seem relevant to you. This is so because the Motivation Setup virus first collects data from your browser history and after that show you the advertisement based on this collected data. Whatever you do, never surf through the web pages that open through these pop-ups. These pages are infected and in case you enter any sensitive information it might get transferred to the hackers and that can be really dangerous.
Symptoms of Motivation Setup virus in the system
Once the virus installs itself, it starts showing symptoms and marks its presence in your system. The basic signs through which you can identify that Motivation Setup virus has entered your system are given below:
- Pop-ups and advertisements start flooding through your browser.
- Browser starts crashing at a frequent interval.
- New tabs and windows start opening all by themselves.
- System freezes and shuts down unexpectedly.
- Your browser starts you redirecting to random new pages.
Motivation Setup virus removal in easy steps
Now that you know almost everything about this notorious Motivation Setup virus, it’s time for you to know how to get rid of this virus from your system and your browser.
Step 1: Uninstall Motivation Setup virus from system- Windows & Mac
Step 2: Erase Motivation Setup virus from browser- Chrome, Firefox, Explorer and Safari
Step 3: Remove any trace of Motivation Setup virus from computer
Step 4 (Optional): Run a system scan using antivirus software
Remove Motivation Setup virus from Windows
End all suspicious programs from the task manager
- Press ‘Ctrl + Shift+ Esc’ keys together to open Windows Task Manager.
- Go to ‘processes’ and search any unknown process that is running.
- Select the process and click on ‘end process’ button.
Uninstall unwanted programs from the control panel
- Go to ‘start’ > ‘control panel’.
- In the control panel window, click on ‘uninstall a program’.
- A list of installed programs will appear.
- Select the Motivation Setup program and click on ‘uninstall’.
Remove Motivation Setup virus from Mac
- Open ‘finder’.
- Go to ‘applications’ and select Motivation Setup.
- Right click the Motivation Setup application and select ‘move to trash’.
- You can also simply drag the application to trash.
- Now go to trash and select ‘empty trash’.
Delete Motivation Setup virus from Chrome
To delete Motivation Setup from Google Chrome, you will have to delete the related extensions and add-ons.
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- From the menu, select ‘more tools’.
- Click on the ‘extensions’ button.
- A list of all Chrome extensions will appear.
- Select Motivation Setup and click on ‘remove’.
Erase Motivation Setup virus from Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- From the menu, select ‘add-ons’. A new tab will appear.
- In this tab, go to ‘extensions’.
- From the list of extensions that appear, select Motivation Setup and click on ‘remove’.
Eliminate Motivation Setup virus from Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer browser.
- Select ‘tools’ > ‘manage add-ons’.
- From the list of extensions that appear, select Motivation Setup and click on ‘disable’.
Remove Motivation Setup virus from Safari
- Open Safari browser and click on the settings drop down arrow.
- From the drop down menu, select ‘reset safari’.
- Select the ‘reset’ button.
Manually delete any files related to Motivation Setup
Any trace of Motivation Setup virus if left in the computer needs to be removed manually. The files and folders can be simply removed by searching in every drive and deleting them permanently. To delete the registry entries do the following:
- Click on the ‘start’ button and type ‘run’
- Type ‘Regedit’ in the run search box.
- Search for Motivation Setup files using Ctrl + F.
- Permanently delete all the entries found.
Note: Take extreme care while deleting registry entries as it can harm the system if done wrong.
Run an antivirus scan to avoid any doubtful files
After performing all the steps as explained above, you can run an antivirus scan in case you have any doubt that there are malicious files in your system. Although not mandatory, but it is recommended that you should run a scan to completely get rid of Motivation Setup virus. But make sure that you only use a genuine antivirus program for running a system scan.
Things to avoid to protect your computer from Motivation Setup
A few simple things that you can do to protect your system from potential online threats are given below.
- Do not surf any infected or untrustworthy web page.
- Never ever download any program from such pages.
- Install a good antivirus program in your system.
- Always run the browser in safe mode.
- Keep Pop-up Blocker turned on in your browser.