AdChoice is an advertising network that allows users to promote their various products online. This advertising network is legitimate and used by different organizations in the US, Canada and different European countries. The AdChoice is developed for the legitimate users who want to promote their different products online. However, cybercriminals are taking advantage of this awesome platform. They promote their rogue and dangerous websites through AdChoice. That’s not all; some cybercriminals are also gather the personal information of the Internet users through the rogue websites promoted via AdChoice. That’s why a lot of users want to remove AdChoice completely from their PC.
It should be noted that AdChoice is not an Adware, it is a perfectly legal platform for product promotion. The Ads through the AdChoice never hinders the internet browsing of a user while Adware floods the browser screen and create an absolute nuisance.
How AdChoice can be dangerous?
As stated earlier, the AdChoice network is not at all dangerous for you in itself. Actually, the danger can be on the website and applications that are often promoted through the AdChoice network. Cybercriminals design their website in such a way that they seem legitimate and as soon as the user clicks on the Ads promoted by them through the AdChoice an adware get installed in the device of the user.
In addition to installing an Adware, the rogue websites promoted through AdChoice can also steal your confidential data like password etc. which can cause further problems. This is the reason why many users just want to completely block AdChoice from their computer system.
How to uninstall or remove AdChoice?
There are many methods by which you can block AdChoice to appear again. You should try the following methods to stop Adchoice pop-up ads progressively.
Opting-out of AdChoice via Google
You can simply opt-out of receiving AdChoice Advertisement through Google. In order to do so, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, log into your Google Account.
- Open “Ads Settings” section.
- Toggle the switch available next to the “Ads Personalization”.
- Now, a pop-up window will appear confirming the turning off of Ads personalization.
- Then, scroll down to the bottom and click on “Opt out of more Ads”.
- Clicking on “Opt out of more Ads” will take you to the official AdChoice Window.
- Google will scan your system and provide you with your current IBA Status.
- Click on “Continue”
- Finally, you will see a list of companies under the AdChoice. Here, you can select the companies you want to be running.
You should note that this method will work only on the ads running on Google. In addition to this, if you log-out of your Google Account, using any other browser or delete cookies then you may need to opt out again.
Reset your Browsers
The other method to get rid of AdChoice is to reset your browsers. Remember resetting your browser means going back to the factory settings of your browser. The method to reset your browser is different for all the browsers.
For Google Chrome
- Click on three dots available on the top right corner to open chrome menu.
- Then, click on “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, scroll down and click on “Advanced”.
- You need to scroll down again and click on “Reset”.
- Confirm the prompt message by clicking “Reset” once again.
For Mozilla Firefox
- For Firefox, you need to click on the hamburger icon (three horizontal bars stacked over each other) followed by “help”.
- In the drop-down menu, you need to click on “Troubleshooting Information”.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” on the troubleshooting information window.
- That’s it. Now, Mozilla Firefox will be refreshed.
For Internet Explorer
- Click on settings “Gear” icon from the top right corner.
- Click on “Internet Options” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, you need to click the “Reset” button in the internet options window.
- Click on “Reset” once again to confirm. Here, you can also opt to “Delete personal settings”.
Remove AdChoice using the extensions
You can also block AdChoice and many other pop up ads using the browser extension as well. Some ad-blocking extensions can even block Youtube Ads. Some of the famous AdChoice or Adware blocker Plus are AdBlock Plus and Ghostery.
Using Anti-Malware Application
Using browser’s extension can help you block adware but they have their own limitations. In such cases, installing the anti-malware application is a more practical solution to remove Adchoice adware. Some of the most famous Anti-malware software are Norton, McAfee etc.
What if you are already infected to the Adware?
All the above-mentioned methods can prevent you from future AdChoice adware risks. But what if your PC is already infected to some adware? Well, in such cases you should follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you should uninstall any suspicious application from the control panel.
- Remove any suspicious/ unfamiliar application or add-on from the web browser.
- Run a deep virus scan in your computer system to remove any possible adware threat.
Other Important Tips to prevent yourself from Adware or AdChoice
- Never click on any suspicious link promoted to you through the AdChoice.
- Save yourself from software bundling. In this method, an adware is bundled with useful software. You should be cautious while downloading the online software and never install bundled software.
- Always keep good antivirus software installed in your PC. This will help you prevent future adware infection and remove AdChoice/ Adware present currently in your PC.