How to fix the Heimdal Pro not working issue in simple steps? Malware in your system can lead to major loss by hiding important messages, creating security holes and much more. It is therefore very necessary to protect your computer from the malicious malware. For a long time Heimdal has been protecting computers from attacks of vicious malware. It provides protection not just from malware but also from data leakage, APTs, exploits, etc.
However, sometimes due to certain reasons, Heimdal Pro stops scanning making your system prone to malware threat. The most common issues include Heimdal Pro stopped working, Heimdal Pro not installing, Heimdal Pro stopped scanning, Heimdal Pro not updating, etc. The good news is that these issues can be fixed very easily by the users themselves. In this article, the different reasons behind these problems along with their solutions are given.
Reasons behind the not working issue of Heimdal Pro
There can be many reasons behind the Heimdal Pro not working issue, some of which are mentioned below:
- The version of the software that you are using has been outdated.
- Any third party program is interfering with the working of Heimdal Pro.
- There is any antivirus or antimalware already installed in the system that is creating troubles.
- The software version is not compatible with the system.
- Your system is affected by some serious virus.
Solve the Heimdal Pro not working issue in the simple steps
Below here are given certain very easy solutions for the different not working issues related to Heimdal Pro.
Heimdal Pro stopped working/ Heimdal Pro stopped scanning
If the Heimdal Pro was working fine and then suddenly stopped working, there are a few things a user can do to fix this issue:
- Restart the service
- Click Start, click in the Start Search box, type services.msc and then press ENTER.
- Check in services.msc if the Thor services are active and running.
- If the Heimdal Client Host service is not running, right-click on it and select ‘Restart’.
- Go to the Heimdal dashboard group policy and put a tick in front of the ‘Do not show GUI option’. Restart the system and then open Heimdal Pro.
Heimdal Pro not installing
- Make sure you have enough disk space required to install the software.
- Make sure the browser you are using for installation is updated.
- The software version you are trying to install should meet the system requirements.
- Try to install only the latest version of the software in your computer.
- Make sure there is not any program running in the background that is interfering with the installation process.
- There is a virus in your system.
- Any third party app or antivirus is interfering with the installation process.
Heimdal Pro not updating
There should be enough space to download the updates in your system. If the software is not updating despite that, make sure that there is no problem with your internet connection. Sometimes, there can be certain background programs running that might create trouble in updating Heimdal Pro. Check for such programs.