Bitdefender antivirus not installing (not updating): The modern world has given rise to numerous threats with the advent of technology. Digital threats are now rampant these days that can affect your life directly. Malicious threats/codes like a virus can potentially harm your computer and steal your data. To tackle the menace of such online dangers, antivirus software comes to the rescue. Bitdefender 2019 is one of the popular antiviruses in the world known for eliminating all kind of virus and malware from your computer.
Bitdefender works effectively when your PC is infected with all sorts of viruses. But what happens when you cannot install Bitdefender antivirus 2019 on your PC or Bitdefender stops updating? Naturally, you won’t be able to use the antivirus for removing the threats from your device. This can cause a variety of issues. This post will guide you on the ways in which you can fix the installation problem in Bitdefender antivirus 2019.
Different update/installation problems with Bitdefender antivirus
Here are some of the key installation issues a user encounters while using Bitdefender antivirus 2019-
- Problem in installing Bitdefender
- Unable to install Bitdefender antivirus 2019
- Unable to download Bitdefender
- Bitdefender not updating
- Unable to update Bitdefender
- Bitdefender installation stuck
- Cannot update Bitdefender antivirus
- Cannot install Bitdefender
- Bitdefender installation has failed error message
Fix “unable to install Bitdefender antivirus 2019”
If you have installed Bitdefender agent on your computer but still cannot install Bitdefender 2019 antivirus then you may face the following problems-
- Bitdefender installer is stuck at downloading, installing and unpacking.
- Windows installer shows that the installation was successful, but then you receive a notification “Install failed. Please retry installing from the site”.
- The module is downloaded but you are getting an error: For the moment your request could not be processed. Please sign in to try again.”
To get the problem resolved, you should go through the troubleshooting provided below-
- Check if your device is connected to the internet or not. If not, ensure that the cables are properly places and no loose wiring is there. In case you are using wifi to download the antivirus, then restart the router to fix the connectivity issue.
- If the installation file you have downloaded got corrupted then you need to download a fresh file and begin the installation.
- Disable the proxy settings and firewall by following these steps-
- Open “System Preferences” and go to the “Network” to select your active connection.
- Click on the “Advanced” tab and select the “Proxies” tab
- Clear all the checkboxes at “Select a protocol to configure” section
- Now choose the DNS tab and use the ”+” button to add the following addresses: 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
- Click on the “OK” button and then click on the “Apply” button.
- Now go back to the “System Preferences” and open the “Security & Privacy” tab.
- Go to the “Firewall” tab and check if it’s enabled, type your password and then select “Turn off Firewall” to turn off the firewall.
- If Bitdefender antivirus 2019 is not installing your computer due to the interference of 3rd party apps then remove the responsible app.
- If the problem is not solved yet, then you need to remove any other security software installed on your PC.
- You can also use the Microsoft system file checker tool to repair the corrupted installation file or missing file.
What to do in case Bitdefender setup has encountered an error?
If while setting up Bitdefender antivirus 2019, you get an error then here’s what you are required to do-
- Use the check disk tool to check the disks integrity and repair common errors. Here’s how to use the tool to fix setup error in Bitdefender antivirus 2019-
- Click on the windows icon in the lower left corner of the screen and type “command prompt”.
- Now right click on command prompt and choose the option “Run as administrator”.
- When prompted, choose the “yes” button on the “User account control” section.
- To find and repair errors on drive C, use the command below: chkdsk /f C:
- If you want to scan a different drive, you only need to replace C with the corresponding letter of the drive.
- Perform all the Windows updates to make sure that you have the latest service pack installed on your computer.
Solution for “fatal error during Bitdefender installation”
In case the installation of Bitdefender has failed and you are getting the “fatal error occurred during installation” message then you need to follow the instructions given below-
- Check the system requirements for installing Bitdefender 2019 antivirus. If the requirements do not match then download the compatible version of Bitdefender antivirus on your PC.
- Uninstall the antivirus and re-install the antivirus again.
- Right click on the installation kit and choose “properties”. If you encounter the “unblock” button in the bottom right corner, click on it and then click on the “apply” button. Install the Bitdefender antivirus 2019.
- Run the .exe file as an administrator.
Fix “Bitdefender antivirus 2019 not updating” error
In case Bitdefender antivirus fails to update the virus definitions or you cannot update Bitdefender 2019, then here’s what to do-
- Login into the update server console to manually remove the products that are shown as “never updated”. Download and run the patch available on the Bitdefender website and add those products to the product list in the server console.
- Make sure that you have installed Bitdefender correctly.
- Turn off the firewall and reboot your computer. Then try to update Bitdefender.
- Install and re-install the antivirus software to fix the error.
- If the problem still persists then, raise a ticket on the Bitdefender support for more help and assistance. You may also send the error report to the Bitdefender customer service team for further troubleshooting guidance.