The virtual world of the Internet is full of cybersecurity threats. Be it viruses, malware, ransomware or any other malicious software each one of them is capable enough to wipe out all your important data. Thankfully, a high-quality anti-virus like Norton is there to protect us against such cyber threats. Norton is a widely acclaimed antivirus known for its capability to trace any kind of viruses. It is readily compatible with both Windows and Mac computers. However, there are many issues and problems that may occur while using Norton on a Mac device.
If you are also facing problems while using Norton Antivirus on MAC then you should follow the instructions given below to get rid of them effortlessly.
How to Fix “Norton Antivirus not working on Mac” problem?
There is a very straightforward method to resolve such issues. Just follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, exit all the applications that are already open.
- Now, restart your computer.
- Open Norton antivirus again and check if the issue got fixed or not.
If the problem persists then you need to uninstall the Norton by using RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool and reinstall it.
Uninstalling Norton using RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool
- Firstly, visit the official Norton website and download RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool.
- The file will be downloaded in a zip folder.
- On your Mac device click on Finder icon.
- From the menu bar click on “go” followed by “Downloads”.
- Open RemoveSymantecMacFiles folder.
- Once you have opened RemoveSymantecMacFiles folder, control-click on RemoveSymantecMacFiles.
- Click on “open with” followed by “Terminal (default)”.
- Now, in the terminal window, type your administrator password and press return
- If you want to remove all Symantec folders and files then type 1.
- Press return and wait till the RemoveSymantecMacFiles tools remove the files.
- Type “y” in the terminal window and press return in order to restart your Mac.
You have successfully uninstalled the Norton Antivirus. Now, you need to reinstall it.
Reinstalling Norton Antivirus
After uninstalling Norton using RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool, you can install a fresh copy by following the steps given below:
- Sign in to Norton using your email address and password.
- Click on “Download Norton” from the “Norton Setup window”
- Click on “Agree & Download” followed by “OK” to save the setup.zip file
- Open the downloaded file and click “Agree and install” to initiate installation.
- Enter your Administrator account password if asked.
- Keep following the instructions that will appear on the screen
- Restart your computer when the installation got finished.
Note: Restarting the Mac device is must to complete the installation process and save changes.
In case if you face any kind of issue to resolve this issue then you can contact the Norton Antivirus Customer service Number Where our Technical Support team will guide you for the best possible solution online.