IObit Antivirus provides you advance security against viruses, Trojans and Malware. But there are times when users do not want it installed on their computer. This can be due to various reasons such as high subscription cost, slowing down of PC, low disk space etc. Whatever be the reasons, removing IObit Antivirus conventionally is very easy. However, it always leaves some program files behind after getting uninstalled.
In this post, we will discuss how you can uninstall IObit Antivirus from your computer completely without leaving any program files behind.
How to properly Uninstall IObit Antivirus from PC?
Follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall IObit Antivirus.
Step 1: Close down the IObit Antivirus in case it is running.
- First of all, right-click the program icon from the taskbar at bottom of your desktop screen and click “Exit”.
- Then click “Ok” to confirm the closing of IObit Antivirus.
- You can also opt for task manager in order to close the running IObit Antivirus software. Click “Alt+Ctrl+Delete” button to run task manager.
Step 2: Regularly remove IObit antivirus using “Add or Remove programs” option.
- Click on start button from your desktop and open “Add or Remove Programs” option under “Control Panel”.
- Find and click the IObit Malware fighter and select “remove” or “Change/Remove”.
- Now, the uninstall wizard would have been running, click on “No, I want a full uninstall” from the bottom-left corner on the uninstall wizard window.
- The program removal will start within a few seconds after clicking the “No, I want a full uninstall” link.
Step 3: Delete program leftovers
- Now it is the time to remove the program leftovers, open “My Computer”.
- Then open the drive where IObit Antivirus was installed, followed by program files.
- Locate the folder named as “IObit” and delete it. You can also use the search box if you can’t find “IObit” folder.
- Now, Open run box by click “Windows + R” button and type “regedit” and click “Ok”.
- Click on the File menu from the top left corner of Registry Editor Window and select “Export”
- Select “All” radio button under the export range and save the backup at your preferred location.
Note: You may skip saving back up if you are confident enough to work with the registry editor. However, it is recommended to save backup as it can permanently damage windows in case you edit any registry improperly.
- Now, expand the registry branch and look for the registry leftovers of IObit Antivirs as given below:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\IObit Malware Fighter
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\//\//\IObit Cloud Anti-Malwre
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\IObit Malware Fighter
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\IObit Malware Fighter
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\IObit Malware Fighter
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IObit\IObit Malware Fighter
- Finally, delete the above mentioned registry one by one and restart your PC after closing registry editor.
In case you find it difficult to uninstall IObit Antivirus using registry editor as it is a slightly complex method, you can opt for removing it by an automatic tool called Max Uninstaller. Max Uninstaller is a tool that can remove any windows application automatically with ease and you can contact to the Iobit Antivirus Customer Service Number where our team will guide you for the best possible solution.
Follow the steps to Uninstall IObit Antivirus with Max Uninstaller
- Firstly, Download and install the Max uninstaller.
- After installation, double click the Max uninstaller icon from the desktop to launch it.
- Choose the “IObit Malware fighter” from the program list and press “Run Analysis”.
- Then, click “Complete Uninstall” after the components analysis gets over.
- Close down the pop-ups that will appear when the program gets uninstalled.
- Now to remove the leftovers, click “Scan Leftovers” button. It will scan the computer for the left over files of IObit Antivirus.
- Finally, click “Delete Leftovers” and the MU software will remove all the IObit leftover files. Click “ok” if any pop message appears to finish the removal.