If you have recently updated Malwarebytes Antimalware and now it’s using too much memory making your computer super sluggish. Then it’s right to get frustrated when you don’t know where to get the help from. Have you tried contacting customer support yet? If you don’t know how to do that, then don’t worry as by the end you’re done with this post you’ll know how to avail the benefits of customer service.
We all know how things can go wrong when your computer becomes lazy; after all, it was intended to save human efforts and time. But with the recent update, the Malwarebytes antimalware has made things difficult for its users. Many users are complaining about antimalware using high RAM and CPU in their computers, thereby making it either crash or running way too slow. Through this post, we want to help you fix this menace in the easiest way possible. Keep reading to find out how to do that.
Fixing memory usage problem in Malwarebytes antimalware
To solve the above-mentioned issue, you need to check for updates (if available). Malwarebytes has recently announced that it’ll be releasing the new update soon to address this issue. If you encounter the new update, then we suggest you to install it. In case, your computer stops responding after the update then open the task manager by pressing cntrl+alt+del keys together. Now end the process with the name “mbamservice.exe” and restart the program. Additionally, you may try uninstalling the antimalware and then install the latest version to fix the issue.
How to contact customer support for Antimalware issues?
If the problem still persists, you might want to seek the help of customer service. For that, you’ll need to download the Malwarebytes Support Tool from its website. Follow the given instruction once you’ve downloaded the tool –
- Go to the “downloads “folder in your computer and double-click the .exe (executable) file.
- Click “yes” to allow the tool to run its setup.
- Put a check in the field asking you to accept the license agreement and click “next” to proceed.
- You’ll observe a welcome page.
- Click the “advanced options” link at the bottom of that page.
- Now, click on the “gathering logs” tab.
- The tool will start looking for reasons causing this issue.
- Once it’s done, click “ok” and go to your desktop.
- You will observe a file on your desktop with the name mbst-grab-results.zip.
- You need to attach that file and send it to the Customer Support through different ways mentioned below.
Getting help from Customer Service/Customer support
You can reach out to the Malwarebytes customer support via forums, live chat and support page. Here it is important to note that Malwarebytes doesn’t provide support through the phone number and can be reached by the ways mentioned above. Users can raise a ticket to the customer service once they’ve found the issues using the support tool. They can also chat with the customer service using the live chat function which is available from Monday to Friday, 6 AM TO 5 PM. Before contacting the customer support, we highly recommend you to follow the system logs generation process explained earlier in the article.